WARNING - Video contains strong language some viewers may find offensive

RANGERS ultras the Union Bears issued an eerie message shortly after fans of the Ibrox club apparently stormed their own Player of the Year (POTY) Awards in Glasgow City Centre.

The incident came shortly after the Light Blues were thrashed 5-0 at the hands of Celtic.

Claims emerged online the group who stormed the hotel were those part of the Rangers fan group.

READ MORE: Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as manager

Although no concrete confirmation was provided by the group, it did issue a short statement on its Facebook page shortly after the incident occurred.

The Union Bears said: “Our methods will vary, our actions will remain consistent, our aim in clear.

“We deserve better.

READ MORE: ‘Goodnight, green white’ - Criminal probe as sectarian flyer showing abuse against ‘Fenians’ surfaces before Old Firm

“Union Bears, No Surrender.”

Police raced to the scene at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Cambridge Street shortly after the match ended on Sunday.

Video footage emerged online of a group of men making their way towards the main entrance of the building.

One social media user who shared the video wrote: “Rangers fans have stormed their own Player of The Year awards at Glasgow’s Double Tree Hilton. Confronted the first players’ table and threw a flashbang in the room.”

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Police were called to reports of a disturbance on Cambridge Street at around 7pm.

“Officers established no criminality was committed. We provided advice and guidance to the hotel.”

READ MORE: Watch Celtic boys party to Zombie Nation on Tenerife holiday after thrashing Rangers

The group has yet to respond after Graeme Murty stood down as Rangers manager on Tuesday.

The club’s former academy boss met with managing director Stewart Robertson when he is reported to have called time on his stint in the Ibrox hot seat.

It came just two days after Murty watched his side suffer the 5-0 defeat to Celtic.

READ MORE: Bookie giant mocks Celtic v Rangers score with Steven Gerrard tweet

A second successive Old Firm thrashing - Rangers were beaten 4-0 in the Scottish Cup semi-final two weeks ago - appears to have hastened Murty’s departure.

The 43-year-old took over on an interim basis for the second time back in October when Pedro Caixinha was axed, before being told in December he would remain in charge until this summer.

But the club have already opened talks with former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard about becoming his replacement and Murty has now apparently decided to step aside with three games of the season remaining.