A GROUP of shop workers who walked out after finding hidden cameras in rooms where they changed have reached a pay settlement with the health food store.

Staff at Harvest Stores went on strike after discovering the recording devices in a network modem and air detector last week, forcing the store to close just four weeks after it opened.

Ten members of staff then approached Baker’s Union and Better than Zero in a bid to support four workers, who were owed around £2,000 between them, through their pay dispute.

READ MORE: Spy camera fury - Staff walk out after discovering hidden lenses in Glasgow shop

On Wednesday, just nine days after their plight began, union chiefs confirmed each employee had been paid the correct amount.

A spokeswoman for the union said: “The workers have showed tremendous courage and determination to stand up and say no to the awful environment their boss was subjecting them to.

“This left them all in a precarious situation, but they recognised the strength in banding together, joining Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union in order to challenge this, therefore in this case, securing a quick victory.

READ MORE: Gay sauna next to Rangers pub wants to open for longer

“We hope this helps others to realise that workers do have power and that their is support available for those ready to stand up and challenge unfair or unlawful working conditions.”

As exclusively reported in the Evening Times, staff at the store were outraged to discover the hidden cameras in the office and kitchen area.

Police were called but deemed the cameras were legal despite causing distress for staff.

There were almost 70 cameras in the shop overall.

Supervisor Robert Taylor, who also walked out despite settling his pay dispute with the store internally, said he’s pleased to see the issue resolved for his colleagues.

READ MORE: Heavy rain and thunderstorms to spoil Glasgow heatwave

He told the Evening Times: “I’m pleased they finally managed to get paid what was due to us all but, personally, I don’t think I’ll go back.”

“I don’t know if anyone has gone back to the store and I don’t know if anyone will.”

Owner Amin Dim, who said he was no longer with the company, admitted the cameras were a “stupid oversight” but insisted they were not placed in designated changing areas and hadn’t been working.

But insisted there was no pay dispute and the issue was merely a delay in documentation being received by an accountant.

Speaking on the pay resolution he said: “This was portrayed in a negative way, there was never a pay dispute.

“I’m glad everyone was paid and it panned out that way.

“It wasn’t [an awful environment]. It was fitted to a very high standard and if there was an issue it could’ve been brought up.”