TWO East End brothers found themselves in the dock for misbehaving.

The trouble started when 19-year-old Ryan Brown spotted two women walking along Halliburton Road in the city.

He began to shout at them, branding one a "grass". He then threatened to smash the windows of their house and chase them out of the area.

Police traced Ryan, along with his brother Lee, in nearby Eddlewood Court.

Ryan told the constables to "f**k off" and called them "scumbags".

He was warned about his conduct, but refused to desist. During his arrest, he struggled and kicked a male PC on the legs.

Lee, 26, then intervened by repeatedly pulling Ryan away from the officers. Ryan escaped their clutches and took off, but was quickly apprehended.

The incident happened on August 15, 2018.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court last week, Ryan pleaded guilty to shouting, swearing and uttering threats of violence towards two women. He also admitted kicking a male constable and shouting, swearing and acting in an aggressive manner towards police.

In defence, Ryan's lawyer claimed that the accused accepted full responsibility of his actions.

The defence agent explained that the complainers had made false allegations against Ryan – to which he reacted to when he saw them. Although not used as an excuse, he was intoxicated.

Ryan – now engaging with services – was said to be motivated to avoid the "revolving door of custody".

Joining his brother in the dock, Lee pleaded guilty to obstructing the officers whereby his co-accused was able to run away during arrest.

Lee's involvement was accepted as limited. It was explained that Lee stepped in because he felt that the police were being heavy handed with his sibling, but did "regret his actions".

Sheriff Allan Findlay sentenced Ryan to a Community Payback Order (CPO) with supervision for a year. He was also handed 140 hours of unpaid work to be completed within six months and was ordered to stay away from the complainers.

Lee, who lives with his brother in Ware Road, received a CPO with 100 hours of unpaid work to be completed within three months.