A GLASGOW city centre wall was "decorated in blood" after a vicious mass brawl following the Old Firm clash.

A 47-year-old man was left seriously injured as emergency teams raced to Glasgow's Merchant City around 5pm on Mother’s Day after a number of people were involved in the incident on Blackfriars Street.

Two other men, aged 29 and 30, were also taken to the nearby Royal Infirmary Hospital with serious injuries.

Murder cops scoured the scene this afternoon as the entire section of Albion Street remained sealed off.

One horrified bartender recalled witnessing the aftermath of the bloodbath as paramedics rushed to save the alleged knifed victim.

The man, who asked not to be named, said: “We closed around four hours earlier than we were supposed to for the safety of our staff.

“I went out for a cigarette about 5.15pm and I noticed two ambulances and loads of police.

Read more: Man critical after 'stabbing' following Celtic Rangers match

“There was one guy lying propped up against the wall, his face covered in blood, and the entire wall was decorated in blood.

“It was barbaric. I saw him being taken away on a stretcher and his friends were trying to get to him.

“He was conscious but he had a towel against his neck.

“He didn’t have a football top on, he had a yellow top and a black jacket.

“It did look like a football crowd.”

The seriously injured victim remains in hospital in a critical condition, while another 30 year-old man is described as being “stable.”

A mass brawl came hours after Celtic won 2-1 at Celtic Park during the Old Firm match.

Read more: Witness describes Merchant City ‘stabbing’ after Celtic v Rangers

Detectives said it is too early to say whether the incident is football related, although admitted it was a possible line of enquiry.

DI Peter Crombie, of the Major Investigations Team, revealed police are treating the attack on the 47-year-old man as attempted murder.

He said: “We are currently going through CCTV and speaking to those who were in the area at the time to try to establish exactly what happened here.

“We are treating the attack on the 47 year-old man as attempted murder, and the attacks on the 29 and 30 year-old men as serious assaults.

“There may have been more people injured in this incident who did not seek medical treatment last night and we would appeal for them to come forward and speak to us.

“Anyone with any information about the incident, or any footage of before, during or after the incident is urged to get in contact with Police.”

A number of Merchant City businesses, including Bar Soba and Bar Gandolfi, were closed early following the incident.

It's believed a fight broke out in one of the pubs on Albion Street before sprawling into the street.

The manager at nearby bar Ingram Wynd was still in shock last night as cops carried out enquiries.

She said: “It was horrific. I don’t even want to talk about it.”

Read more of today's top Glasgow stories