ONE person was taken to hospital last night after a kitchen fire in Knightswood.

Fire crews rushed to a high-rise block of flats on Kestrel Road at around 9.30pm on Monday after receiving a report of a smoke alarm going off.

The area was made safe and crews left around an hour later.

READ MORE: Man fighting for life in hospital after being injured in Glasgow street

An SFRS spokesman said: “We were alerted at 9.39pm on Monday, June 10 to reports of a smoke alarm sounding within a block of flats in Knightstwood.

“Operations Control mobilised four fire appliances to Kestrel Road, where crews extinguished a small fire within the kitchen of a property.

“One casualty was passed into the care of Scottish Ambulance Service personnel, and they were thereafter transported to hospital for a precautionary check-up.

For all your breaking Glasgow news, click here, or head to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages

“Crews left the scene at 10.21pm after ensuring the area was safe.”

The Scottish Ambulance Service has been contacted for more details.