THE father of a teenager who died after taking a form of ecstasy said his heart goes out to the family of young Chelsea Bruce.

A 16-year-old schoolgirl collapsed and died at a party after taking a drug believed to be ecstasy, and two teenage boys were taken to hospital but later released.

The tragic teen collapsed at a flat in Springburn, North Glasgow, at 2.30am on Sunday morning.

It comes almost three years to the day Megan Bell died after taking MDMA at T in The Park three years ago. She passed away on July 8 2016, having only been at the music festival for a few hours before her death. 

READ MORE: ‘My love for you will never die’: Family’s heartbreaking tributes after death of Glasgow schoolgirl

On Monday her family visited the 17-year-old’s gravesite in Durham, her home town, where they laid flowers and paid respects to their “beautiful, talented” daughter. 

Her dad Chris has been raising awareness of the dangers of drugs since Megan died and said: “Our family’s hearts go out to this poor girl’s family, and we hope the other two young people pull through. We know what they are going through. 

“It doesn’t get any easier. The summer is coming, the kids are out later at night. They go to festivals, parties, the nights are lighter so they are staying out an extra couple of hours than they normally would.

“There is no deterrent. I have said it before, but there has to be a bigger crack down on these so-called recreational drugs. They’re not recreational, they’re killing people, they’re killing young kids. There seems to be very little action by the government or police to try and tackle this problem. Not enough is being done. 

READ MORE: Rising drug deaths are 'public emergency'

“Education in schools and at home is where it needs to start, particularly for those kids who are under 18. Parents, many of them would be like we were – oblivious to how bad it is and how much of a problem this is. The parents of this young girl will be going through absolute hell, they won’t know what day it is or which way to turn. They will be absolutely numb like we were. 

Chris, 47, and his wife Lisa have been fundraising for their charity Megan’s Rainbow Charity Support group since their daughter’s death, and use the cash to help other families whose child has died due to drugs. They have also campaigned to raise the age limit for music festivals to 21.

He explained: “We want to help other families who have to go through the heartache of what we went through. We’re continuing that, and I recently set up my own taxi company named after Megan too which has been going around a year. We are trying to keep going but it’s just unbelievable, it’s hard. 

For all your breaking Glasgow news, click here, or head to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages

“Any children going to a festival or a party and are considering taking drugs for the first time – don’t do it. It’s not worth the risk, it’s not worth your life, for the sake of a pill or some powder. You have no idea what it is you are taking. 

“Really think about what you are doing, and do not bow down to peer pressure. If friends are doing it, it doesn’t mean you have to.

“With regards to parents, I said this three years ago and I still say it – check their phones, and speak to them. They are your kids, and you would rather your kid came home than never. 

“For the sake of falling out over asking to check their phone, it is worth it. I think it is worth the risk of upsetting them just to make sure they are not involved with anything. They need to be safe and there is nobody going to look after them when they’re on their own.”