The relieved sister of a footie fan who collapsed during Partick Thistle's Betfred cup clash with Hamilton has heaped praise on striker Lewis Mansell's dad for saving her brother's life.

Grant Clark, 54, fell to the ground in the stands at around 4.15pm on Saturday afternoon and fellow fans watched in horror as Dave Mansell sprung into action to give CPR.

Stricken Grant was carried out of the FOY Stadium on a stretcher and rushed to University Hospital Hairmyres as fans took to social media to wish him well and credit Mansell for his quick-thinking.

READ MORE: Partick Thistle star Lewis Mansell's dad was 'hero supporter' who gave CPR in stands after fan collapsed

And Grant's sister Carol Campbell hailed Mansell for saving her brother.

She said: "My brother, my family and I cannot thank Mr Mansell enough for what he did at the football on Saturday.

"He saved his life and we will be forever grateful to everyone who came to Grant's aide.  

"Grant is recovering well and hopefully he will be back supporting The Jags very soon!"

It is understood Grant went into cardiac arrest and was taken into surgery to have stents added to his heart valves.

And Carol, who lives in Malta, also thanked hospital staff for the care they gave her brother.

She added: "I didn't find out until the Sunday morning by which time it was 5am in the UK and paced for an hour before phoning Hairmyers directly.

READ MORE: Graeme McGarry: Time for David Beattie to provide answers over Partick Thistle takeover

"They couldn't have been nicer and took the phone to Grant so I could speak to him.  

"He was tired but sounded in good spirits."

Hamilton Accies' club doctor also helped Grant within the stadium and a spokesman for the Lanarkshire club said at the time: "We are aware of an incident which occurred within the away stand of today’s match. 

"Our club doctor did attend to assist response teams. We are unaware on the individuals condition at this time and it would be inappropriate to comment any further at this moment in time.

"Nobody should go to a game of football and not be able to go home afterwards so on that aspect we do hope the fan is ok and has a speedy recovery."