THE wife of a Glasgow man who was left beaten and bleeding outside a city centre bus station has pleaded with the public to come forward and help catch those responsible. 

Charles Taylor, 29, has been left in hospital with severe facial injuries and damage to his arms after an attack beside Buchanan bus station following a night out on Saturday night. 

The incident, which is said to have taken place between 2.30am and 3am in the early hours of Sunday morning, saw the Garthamlock man left unconscious on Killermont Street. 

READ MORE: Two schoolboys, 14 and 15, among 11 arrests from Irish Republican marches in Glasgow

Mr Taylor remains in hospital with his injuries with his family by his side, and his wife Heather has asked for anyone who may have been in the area to share any information they may have. 

She said: "He was on his way home from a night out. He walked up from Sauchiehall Street to the Royal Concert Hall across from Buchanan Bus Station to wait for a taxi.

"A guy then walked past him and made a comment then headered him, Charles tried to say, 'stop what are you doing', then the guy basically just attacked him.

Glasgow Times: Charles in hospitalCharles in hospital

"Some people who did see what happened stopped to help him and gave him his jackets while he was unconscious on the floor.

"My wee 3-year-old son could have lost his hero all because you think you can attack someone, knock them out and volley into his face and leave him unconscious on a main road you horrible, horrible person."

Charles' wife told the Evening Times that some of those who were nearby saw the attacker punch Charles and stamp on him. 

READ MORE: Glasgow woman rushed to hospital in serious condition after 'attack' within flat

Passers-by then called the police and comforted Charles as he lay on the street. 

Heather was later called by the police when Charles arrived at hospital. 

The dad reportedly cannot remember much of the attack, and police are said to be looking into the incident. 

Despite the traumatic incident, Heather wanted to thank those who helped her husband following the ordeal. 

Glasgow Times:

She added: "A few people have messaged saying they where with him but a group of girls got to him first to help him but I still can’t find out who they are.

"They where the ones who helped and phoned the ambulance and gave statement."

Police Scotland were contacted for comment.