Police probing a serious attack in Glasgow city centre have released details of the suspect.

Charles Taylor, 29, was left beaten, bleeding and unconscious with severe facial injuries and damage to his arms after being attacked outside Buchanan bus station.

It's thought that the dad-of-one, from Garthamlock, was standing near to the entrance of the Royal Concert Hall on Killermont Street when he was assualted.

The suspect then returned minutes later and began punching and kicking him.

He was taken to Glasgow's Royal Infirmary after the attack, which took place at around 3am on Sunday morning.

Glasgow Times: Charles Taylor was left with serious injuries Charles Taylor was left with serious injuries

READ MORE: Wife of Glasgow man attacked after night out pleads for witnesses to come forward

Police have now released details of the suspect as they appeal for witnesses to come forward.

The man is described as white, in his late 30s, approximately 5ft6inches tall, bald and of medium build.

He was wearing glasses, a dark jacket (possibly bomber style) and light coloured shirt and jeans.

Detective Constable Nikki Kyle, of Stewart Street CID, said: "We're appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident or saw a man fitting this description shortly before or after the incident.

"CCTV enquiries are ongoing and if anyone has any relevant information, please contact us on 101 quoting incident number 0801 of the 8 September of Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."

After the attack, Mr Taylor's wife Heather slammed the "horrible" person responsible.

Glasgow Times: Police have released details after Charles Taylor was attackedPolice have released details after Charles Taylor was attacked

She said: "He was on his way home from a night out. He walked up from Sauchiehall Street to the Royal Concert Hall across from Buchanan Bus Station to wait for a taxi.

"A guy then walked past him and made a comment then headered him, Charles tried to say, 'stop what are you doing', then the guy basically just attacked him.

"Some people who did see what happened stopped to help him and gave him his jackets while he was unconscious on the floor.

"My wee 3-year-old son could have lost his hero all because you think you can attack someone, knock them out and volley into his face and leave him unconscious on a main road you horrible, horrible person."