A THUG scarred a woman for life with a glass bottle at a New Year’s party after she rejected him.

Atif Attalmanan, 34, struck Leanne Wylie, 33, on the forehead outside a Glasgow city centre community hall.

Attalmanan was enraged after Miss Wylie refused to engage with him several times last year at the city’s Calabash bar.

The Somalian national finally cracked and called Miss Wylie a “f***ing bitch” after hitting her with the bottle.

Attalmanan pleaded guilty on Friday at Glasgow Sheriff Court to the assault to Miss Wylie’s injury and permanent disfigurement.

The court heard Miss Wylie and her sister went to the Common Village Community Hall at 5.30am.

Attalmanan approached Miss Wylie and wished her a happy new year but she asked to be left alone.

He kept tabs on Miss Wylie - following her to a food queue and watching her dance with her sister.

Attalmanan then sat beside Miss Wylie and was asked to leave again.

The pair left to get a taxi at around 6am to get a taxi.

Prosecutor Lauren Staunton said: “Miss Wylie felt a tap on her shoulder and turned round.

“Attalmanan was standing in front of her and he raised his right arm whilst holding a glass bottle and struck her on the forehead twice.

“He shouted ‘f***ing bitch’ as her head began to bleed on the second blow and the bottle smashed.”

Miss Wylie screamed as Attalmanan fled the scene into the city centre with the bottle.

Miss Wylie was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary for treatment to a wound on her mid forehead area which had traces of glass inside.

Miss Staunton added: “The wound required five stitches and will leave a permanent scar.”

Attalmanan was traced by police three days later and was arrested before giving a “no comment” interview to officers.

Sheriff Martin Jones QC said: “This can only be described as a pre-meditated vicious, vulgar attack on a young woman with a bottle and it wasn’t a spur of the moment attack.”

Sentence was deferred until next month for background reports and Attalmanan was bailed meantime.