A dog had to receive urgent medical attention after eating biscuits that were deliberately laced with pins in Anderston. 

Over the course of two years Scotland's animal welfare charity, the Scottish SPCA has received an influx of reports alerting them to similar incidents in Dorset Square.

This is the first they have received of an animal unfortunately ingesting one of the harmful biscuits. Thankfully, the canine was unharmed after naturally passing the pins. 

Glasgow Times:

READ MORE: Network Rail slapped with £10k fine after train charged over damaged River Clyde bridge at 100mph

An appeal has been launched by the charity for information in a bid to find those responsible. 

Scottish SPCA chief inspector, Elaine Lindsay said, “We are determined to find out who is responsible for leaving these items which are designed to harm or kill an animal.

“We are so thankful that the dog wasn’t hurt after eating the biscuit with nails in. This situation could have been so much worse.

Glasgow Times:

“This is the eighth report we have received of dog biscuits with damaging materials in. Previously biscuits have been found embedded with nails and needles. The last report we received was in June this year.

“Police Scotland reported the most recent incident to us which happened on 19 November.

“We would ask everyone in the area to be vigilant, especially those who walk their dogs in the area. We would urge people to keep their dogs on a lead to ensure they don’t ingest anything that could cause injury.

Glasgow Times: Glasgow Times:

“We are saddened that we have to repeat this appeal for information and the person behind this is determined to deliberately harm an animal. This is an offence punishable by law. We are working closely with Police Scotland to find the person responsible.

“If anyone has any information on these incidences or sees anything suspicious, please report it immediately to our confidential animal helpline on 03000 999 999.”