MARYHILL residents were asked by police investigating the suspicious death of a woman about a possible disturbance the evening before her body was found.

A neighbour of the block of flats, which remain taped off as forensics scour the scene for clues, said he was asked whether he had heard anything at around 10.30pm on Monday evening. The 54-year-old woman’s body was discovered by cops at around 5.25pm the following day. 

READ MORE: Cops lock down north Glasgow street amid ongoing probe

Glasgow Times:

Forensic teams set up a tent which appeared to cover the front door and the window of the ground floor flat today.

CID officers were seen knocking on doors of neighbouring flats, searching for information on the incident, which police are treating as suspicious. 

READ MORE: Rangers player accused of dangerous driving on Glasgow's M8 motorway

Glasgow Times:

Residents told of their shock to find the street turned into a crime scene on Tuesday evening. 

One neighbour whose flat overlooks the crime scene said she was only aware of the police presence in Cumlodden Drive yesterday evening when a friend texted her to tell her to look out the window.

READ MORE: SFA confirm government approval for 12,000 fans at Hampden for Euro 2020

Glasgow Times:

Her partner added: “It’s shocking to have something happening like that on your doorstep and not hear anything.”

Other residents told how they had been unaware of anything going on until police teams descended on the scene.  

READ MORE: Cops identify car involved in hit and run which put child in hospital

Glasgow Times:

A spokeswoman for the force said: “At 5.25 pm on Tuesday, April 6, officers were called to an address in Cumlodden Drive, Maryhill, Glasgow, where the body of a 54-year-old woman was found within. 

Glasgow Times:

"A post mortem will be carried out in due course to establish the cause of her death, however, at this time her death is being treated as suspicious. 

READ MORE: Nicola Sturgeon's lockdown warning as Europe faces new wave

Glasgow Times:

"Inquiries are continuing. 

"A police presence remains in the area."