THE OWNERS of a popular restaurant have shared their devastation following a huge blaze that has destroyed the building.

Firefighters were called to reports of the fire at Rochsolloch Road at 12.50am last night. 

It has been confirmed that all staff are safe.

READ MORE: Guidis fire Airdrie: Blaze at restaurant as firefighters at scene since 1am

Bosses of the Italian restaurant said on Facebook: "Good morning everyone. As most of you will have heard we had a severe fire at the restaurant last night.

"We are devastated and slowly trying to process what has happened. The most important thing is that no one was in at the time and so all of our staff are safe.

Glasgow Times:

"We will let you all know when we have more news. Thank you all for your kind messages and support."

Our Agony Aunt Janice Bell is local to Guidis.

She said: “Family and friends have been calling, devastated at this sad news because Guidis wasn’t just a place to eat and drink, it is part of every one of us who ever celebrated a birthday or anniversary etc, enjoyed the amazing food, or staggered home after our first jug of Sheep Dip.

“The establishment remained a favourite due to its high standards and wonderful family atmosphere, and during lockdown, a Guidis food delivery somehow gave us a sense or normality.  Thanks for the memories and here’s to many more.”

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Around 1.10am on Wednesday, August 11, officers were called to a fire at a restaurant in Rochsolloch Road, Airdrie. 

"Officers are in attendance and we are working with Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) to establish the cause of the fire.”

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "We were alerted at 00.49am on Wednesday, August 11, to reports of a building on fire at Rochsolloch Road, Airdrie.

“Operations control immediately mobilised two appliances to the scene and on arrival, firefighters found a single storey restaurant well alight.

“Additional resources were mobilised including four further appliances and crews remain on the scene as they work to extinguish the fire and make the area safe. No casualties were reported.”