A FIRE gutted a house in Glasgow's Southside last night. 

Pictures today show the aftermath of the blaze, which started on Ardmory Avenue in Toryglen at 7.20pm.

We previously reported that firefighters spent several hours fighting the blaze throughout the night.

It is understood they eventually left the scene this morning.

There are no reports of any injuries.

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

Glasgow Times:

Jack, who called the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spoke to the Glasgow Times.

He said: "I was sitting in my house and I could smell smoke. I thought it was my oven so I went through and switched it off.

“Then our fire alarm went off so I got a towel and opened all of the doors and was trying to get some air in. I thought something was burning in my house.

“Then I came outside to shut my gate and keep the dog in and I saw smoke coming out of my neighbour's house.

“Then I just got my brother out the house and phoned the fire brigade. They came within minutes. They were very good."

He added: “It feels a bit weird because we had to stay in a hotel last night because we couldn’t get back into the house. The fire spread a bit over to ours.

“A bit of smoke came through our roof. Whereas the other house all the ceilings have caved in.

“It was a shock coming back today because we just didn’t expect it to be this bad.”