A MAN is behind bars after police seized £300,000 of drugs and dirty money.

Anthony Haggarty was caught when detectives raided six properties in Glasgow and Renfrewshire in May 2020 as part of the Operation Bandit probe.

A judge heard how £100,000 of cash had been hidden inside a lawnmower.

The 43-year-old today pleaded guilty at the High Court in Glasgow to being concerned in the supply of heroin, cocaine and Etizolam pills.

Haggarty will be sentenced next month.

Prosecutor Lindsey Dalziel told how he had been clocked during surveillance with un-named others linked to the illegal operation.

Haggarty was seen to visit different properties in possession of the same green rucksack.

He is thought to have been involved handing over a package to an unknown man in Glasgow city centre.

Miss Dalziel: "On May 12 2020, six addresses in the west of Scotland were searched and significant quantities of heroin, cocaine and cash were recovered."

Haggarty's tower block home in Glasgow's Sandyhills was one of them.

Also raided was a flat in the city's Ibrox, a house in Drumoyne, a third floor flat in Govan, as well as a house in Eaglesham and a further flat in Renfrew, both Renfrewshire.

All had been visited by or connected to Haggarty and another gang member.

The court heard police found a total of £172,010 of heroin and £125,384 of money during the raids as well as £10,950 of cocaine and £4,621 of Etizolam.

Officers also discovered drug related equipment including a hydraulic press, heat sealing machines, scales and gloves.

Haggarty had been caught trying to flee from the property in Drumoyne.

Describing the search there, Miss Dalziel said this included: "A total of £100,640 in cash was found in a plastic bag hidden in a lawnmower from within a bedroom."

Haggarty later claimed some "smaller" amounts of drugs found during the raids were his.

He refused to say who the other hauls belonged to.

Louise Arrol, defending, said this crime was an "escalation" in Haggarty's previous offending.

The advocate added it was apparent he was "not at the top of the operation".

Lord Armstrong remanded him in custody and adjourned sentencing for reports until next month.