A REVELLER who was escorted out of a lockdown party began kicking off at cops and told them “I ain’t moving for no c**t”.

Andrew Paulley, 21, was arrested by officers after they were called to a flat in York Street, Glasgow city centre, at 4am on December 13, 2020.

He appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court for sentencing after pleading guilty to acting in an aggressive manner towards cops, struggling violently with them, and participating in the gathering whilst restrictions were in place.

Procurator fiscal depute Ruaridh Allison said: “Police attended the property in relation to an ongoing party at a flat.

“Police were in the process of removing around 40 occupants from the address, one of them being the accused.

“Their attention was drawn to him as he began shouting and swearing at them. He stated, ‘here pal, you’re f*****g bamming me up, it’s Covid, so f*****g what’.

“When warned about his behaviour he replied to the officers ‘shut up mate’ and ‘I ain’t moving for no c**t, I'm defo not moving for you’.

“The accused was arrested. As he was being placed under arrest he began kicking out with his legs and tensing his arms. He continued to struggle before being conveyed into police custody.”

Paulley’s lawyer said his client began to struggle with police due to the handcuffs being too tight.

He added: “When the police arrived, he was compliant. He provided his details, and he did move outside.

“Whilst standing outside an officer made a comment towards a friend of his. He does accept he should not have made any comments or have been in the property in the first place.

“He accepted the handcuffs being placed on him, but they were placed on him very tightly and he asked them to loosen the handcuffs and they refused.”

The defence solicitor explained that the social work report was in positive terms.

He said: “He resides with his parents, and he was finding the restrictions very difficult. He comes from a very good family. He is in full-time employment and is a highly valued employee.

“He has one previous conviction from 2018, a breach of the peace. It was a fairly turbulent time in his life. He was hanging around with the wrong crowd.

"He has moved away from that peer group and has not been in trouble since this offence. I don’t expect to see him in this court again.”

Paulley, of Mount Vernon, was ordered to carry out 40 hours of unpaid work.

Sheriff Amel Elfallah told him: “You are not the only one who didn’t particularly enjoy the restrictions.

“It was difficult for everyone but there were reasons for that, and it was not for you to add to difficulties experienced by the police. Your behaviour was ridiculous.

“I have taken into account you only have one previous conviction from some time ago when you were very young. Since this happened you are doing well.”