A DRINK driver went after two men at speed in his father's Mercedes - during a row about a wall.

Jamie O'Boyle targeted George Higgins and Richard Doherty in the attack in Glasgow's Croftfoot on January 15, 2022.

Mr Doherty - a cousin of O'Boyle - managed to leap to safety, but Mr Higgins was struck on the legs.

The 31-year-old went on to brandish a "spear" - a metal pole with a knife attached - at the men while yelling: "I am stabbing you."

O'Boyle was eventually arrested leading to him appearing in the dock at the High Court in Glasgow today.

His KC Tony Graham told the hearing: "By way of explanation, O'Boyle essentially became the middle man between relatives in the building trade and a person who needed work carried out.

"It was £600 to build a wall that was built, but not the satisfaction of the customer.

"There was the with-holding of money until the snagging was completed.

"Higgins and Doherty then took it upon themselves to demolish the wall."

O'Boyle - described as the "piggy-in-the-middle in the dispute" - then took it upon himself to go after the men.

He today pleaded guilty to a total of 10 charges including assaulting Mr Higgins and Mr Doherty to the danger of their lives.

O'Boyle, of Rutherglen, was remanded in custody pending sentencing next month.

Prosecutor Simon Gilbride earlier told the hearing that there had been "disagreements and arguments" about the building work carried out in December 2021.

Mr Doherty had initially gone outside that night to collect an e-cigarette from a car when he spotted O'Boyle behind the wheel of his dad's Mercedes.

He had taken the motor without his permission.

O'Boyle yelled at him: "You are getting done."

Mr Higgins then came outside to check on Mr Doherty. The men were standing on a grassy area when O'Boyle sped at them and mounted the kerb.

Mr Gilbride said: "Mr Doherty jumped over a wall, however, the vehicle struck Mr Higgins on the legs causing him to flip onto and over the car."

A resident then captured on a mobile phone O'Boyle getting out the motor, picking up the weapon lying on the pavement and lunging at the pair.

O'Boyle fled the scene but was later arrested and found to be almost three times over the drink-drive limit.

He stated to officers: "George should be dead after what I done to him."

Mr Higgins suffered a sore back, neck and legs as well as breathing difficulties. The danger to their lives was described as "potential".

The court was told O'Boyle had not brought the pole with the knife attached to the scene.

Despite then being on bail, O'Boyle got himself in more bother after refusing to leave a pub in Glasgow's Saltmarket on August 13, 2022.

He made homophobic remarks to one constable as well as threatening to "slash" and "murder" officers who arrested him.

O'Boyle's bail was withdrawn by Judge William Gallacher as sentencing was deferred for reports.