A TRANSGENDER woman scarred a teenage boy for life after striking him on the head with a broken glass bottle.

Raphael De Sousa, 40, lashed out at Steven Faulds, 19, in Glasgow city centre on December 19, 2016.

The pair argued in the street before the altercation became physical between them.

READ MORE: Man, 22, jailed after coke and cannabis find in Glasgow flat 

De Sousa went on to take the bottle out of a bin and hit Mr Faulds with it causing a small wound which required stitches.

The first offender pleaded guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court under provocation to the assault to Mr Faulds’ severe injury and permanent disfigurement.

READ MORE: CCTV released of man after incident at Rangers v Celtic game

The court heard that the pair - who were "strangers" - formed part of a group emerging onto Glassford Street at 4am.

Prosecutor Mark Allan said: "For reasons unknown, there was an exchange of words and an argument turned into a physical fight."

The short fight, which was captured on CCTV and shown to the court, took place from one end of the road to the other.

It was eventually split up by others but the pair remained close by after it.

Mr Allan said: "De Sousa took a bottle from a bin there and there was a short chase of Mr Faulds.

"She struck him on the face with the broken glass bottle she had taken from the bin."

De Sousa was restrained by a member of the public until police arrived.

After being cautioned and charged De Sousa said: "Everything was wrong, he assaulted me."

Mr Faulds was treated meantime for a small wound to his forehead above his eye which required five stitches.

Mr Allan added: "He will be left with a scar at the wound site."

Paul Langan, defending, told the court that De Sousa will "return to Italy" upon her release from prison.

The lawyer added: "There is a background for several days which I can explain - it will be available in the background reports."

Sentence was deferred pending those reports until next month by Sheriff Brian Cameron.

De Sousa, who appeared from custody, had her remand continued meantime.