A group of Glasgow students are celebrating the 'massive success' of their recent charity fundraiser.

Isla Forrester, 19, and her fellow Glasgow Caledonian University classmates hosted a 1920s-themed night on Wednesday, April 12, in a bid to raise money for Beatson Cancer Charity.

The event was held at the Grosvenor Casino in Broomielaw and saw the students raise over £2k.

Glasgow Times:

Isla told The Glasgow Times: "The evening was a massive success.

"We raised over £2,470 which we are incredibly pleased and pleasantly surprised with.

"We had a target of around £1,500, which we already reached through ticket sales (and we even had to put on more tickets which sold out in a day).

"We were just so chuffed and knew that anything we sold on the night would just be such a bonus on top of that.

"The money raised truly exceeded our expectations and we feel very proud that we are able to contribute to essential research and support for patients and their families."

Glasgow Times:

Though the idea started as a class project, it eventually sprouted into something much more meaningful for the group. 

READ MORE: Glasgow rugby star Zander Fagerson tells of cancer scare

Isla said: "We hosted the event as we had to create a profitable event for a charity of our choice as part of our management module.

"Then, when we had to think of the cause we wanted to donate to, we realised that cancer was something close to home for all of us.

"So, we decided we wanted to do something for the charity and give back."

Glasgow Times:

The event saw around 140 attendees take part in a range of activities from raffles and black jack to roulette tournaments and a mystery game.

There was even a one-hour set from a saxophone player, which all attendees loved. 

Isla said: "Our guests had a fabulous time taking part in the various forms of entertainment.

"We received a multitude of compliments on how enjoyable the evening was and we loved seeing our guests in Roaring 20s theme outfits.

"The event went even better than expected."

Glasgow Times:

The money raised from the event will see 70% going towards Beatson, and the other 30% going towards the univeristy's student service funds. 

Two, as Isla puts it, 'great causes'. 

READ MORE: Popular radio station Buena Vida opens new Glasgow cafe

Isla added: "We would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who attended the event and contributed to our overall success.

"Also, thank you to everyone involved with the planning process, as they were all crucial to the success of the evening. 

"The night was fabulous, and we hope to host many more like it in the future."

Seonaidh McGuire, community engagement fundraiser at Beatson Cancer Charity, said: "We are so grateful for this wonderful support from the Management students at Glasgow Caledonian University for choosing to support us as part of their fundraising project.

"Donations like this allow us to work on developing new services to enhance the care and support cancer patients and their families receive during treatment.

"Thank you to everyone in the team who helped to raise this fantastic amount of money."

To find out more about the work that Beatson Cancer Charity do, click HERE