A man allegedly spray painted FTQ on a banner before a Celtic and Rangers game.

Aiden Glover, 22, is on trial accused of threatening or abusive behaviour at Celtic Park on May 1 2022.

The Hoops hosted Rangers in a match that would finish 1-1.

Court papers claim Glover, of Glasgow's Baillieston, painted an offensive remark on to a banner.

The charge goes on to say that Glover then displayed the banner to opposition supporters.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard from police constable Liam Wishart who reviewed CCTV after the match.

The CCTV was played to the court by prosecutor Ryan Diamond.

The footage allegedly showed two people writing with black spray paint on to grey banners either side of each other.

One of the figures appeared to write "CFC", "FTQ" and "UC."

Mr Diamond asked where in the ground the footage was taken.

PC Wishart replied: "The Green Brigade section, the north curve.

"If you are in the away section it is to the right corner."

PC Wishart identified Glover in the dock as being responsible for writing the acronyms.

Mr Diamond asked the officer how he knew what the letters were referring to.

He replied: "I would expect CFC to stand for Celtic Football Club, FTQ is f*** the Queen and UC is upper curve which is that part of the Green Brigade."

The officer added that he is familiar with the terms as he is a Celtic fan who has attended matches for 25 years.

PC Wishart claimed the footage showed Glover initially putting a hat on and holding a balaclava.

The witness later said: "He removed the hat and put the balaclava over his head and face.

"He put the hat back on and did the middle finger towards the away support."

Paul Kavanagh, defending, put it to PC Wishart that the term "UC" means "Ultras Celtic" which the officer said it could be.

Mr Kavanagh followed up: "Someone else's interpretation can be different from another's"

The witness replied: "Yes."

The lawyer also criticised the CCTV footage which skipped ahead twice.

Mr Kavanagh asked: "Does it not give you cause for concern that the footage you seized is not properly represented as you would have seen it jumped."

PC Wishart said: "No, it's still the same person in my opinion."

The officer claimed that he was not inside the stadium during the match and was stationed outside.

When asked how he knew how Rangers fans reacted the witness stated that he heard from other officers.

The trial continues in later this month before Sheriff Bernard Ablett.