A teenage thug tried to kill a boy - while on bail for two other knife attacks.

Kyle Moffat stabbed his 17 year-old victim in broad daylight outside a shop in Glasgow's busy Buchanan Street last December.

The 18 year-old struck having earlier knifed a young man in the city's Gorbals and then later slashed a jogger in Glasgow Green.

He is now behind bars after he admitted to the three attacks on Thursday.

The murder bid happened around 2.30pm on December 4 after Moffat barged into his victim in the street. The pair then confronted each other.

Prosecutor Mark Mohammed told the High Court in Glasgow: "During a fight, Moffat stabbed (the boy) in the chest with a large kitchen knife."

The thug fled as the victim pleaded with a passer-by to get him an ambulance.

The boy suffered a collapsed lung described as "potentially life-threatening".

The court heard he fortunately survived, but is scarred for life.

Moffat was caught that day having been spotted running near to the city's Queen Street. He still had the weapon used to attack the boy.

Moffat was only free having been bailed twice by a sheriff.

On June 18 2022, he slashed Kieran McHugh behind the ear in Ballater Street in the Gorbals.

The bleeding victim had to go to a nearby house for help. He ended up needing staples for the wound.

Moffat was caught and initially appeared in the dock on June 27 before being granted bail.

But, he then flouted that by attacking apparent stranger Paul Kilby, who was out running in Glasgow Green last October 31.

Moffat was part of a young gang in the park. He barged into the man before striking him on the hand with a blade.

Two women then helped the injured jogger. This victim later needed surgery to repair damage to his hand.

The court heard it was Moffat's girlfriend who told a friend working at a local restaurant what happened.

Mr Mohammed: "She said Moffat had just stabbed a jogger in Glasgow Green and showed her a bloodstained knife before leaving.

"The friend told her manager and the police were contacted."

Moffat was arrested again and freed once more this time on November 14.

He pleaded guilty to attempting to murder the 17 year-old boy.

Moffat further admitted assaulting the two other victims to their severe injury and permanent disfigurement.

Lord Armstrong remanded him in custody as sentencing was deferred for reports until next month.

Moffat smiled towards a small group of people in court as he was taken handcuffed to the cells.