A Rangers fan named Scott Brown who assaulted two police officers was jailed for four months.

The 38-year-old carried out the attacks at Ibrox Stadium during a European match against Servette on August 9 2023.

Brown, of East Kilbride, was initially involved in an altercation with a woman in the stands before becoming violent with the police.

He attempted to grab both of the officers' radios and tried to punch one of them on the head.

Brown pleaded guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday to the two assaults on PCs Emma Laird and Wakas Majeed.

He also admitted to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner.

Rangers were hosting Swiss outfit Servette in a crunch UEFA Champions League qualifier which they won 2-1.

Jacqueline Haney was speaking to fans shortly before halftime near an exit of the Broomloan Road stand.

Brown then walked up to her.

Prosecutor Danielle Docherty said: "He put his arm around her before he made a fist gesture towards her."

Brown also spoke to Miss Haney in an aggressive tone and told her to "stop annoying people."

This happened on a number of occasions which caused Miss Haney to become scared and pushed Brown away.

Brown approached police in the concourse at half time as he was unhappy about being pushed.

He shouted and swore in the faces of the officers who then told him to calm down but he did not.

Brown then called PC Laird "Mr Postman" and told officers that they were not listening.

He also said: "You f***ing reprobate, you f***ing dafty, f*** off."

Miss Docherty added: "He made an attempt to grab the radio off PC Majeed's body armour.

"He threw his arms towards the face and bodies of both officers.

"He also made attempts to grab the radio of PC Laird."

Brown was restrained on the ground when he struck out at PC Laird with his fist causing her glasses to fall off her face.

He was then held in custody.

Jim Rhodes, defending, told the court: "The phrase he used to me was he was scunnered with himself.

"This is where he is. He is trying to make significant changes."

Sheriff Michael Hanlon said: "You recognise the environment you are in could trigger this behaviour - it is better for the public that you don't attend football matches."

Brown was then banned from attending football matches for one year.