IT’S now 29 not out for Celtic as goals from Vakoun Issouf Bayo, Tom Rogic, an Oliver Ntcham double and a Scott Sinclair comeback strike kept their long unbeaten cup record going in a straight-forward win over Partick Thistle at Celtic Park.

Neil Lennon made eight changes to the side who beat Kilmarnock on Sunday, and youngster Jeremie Frimpong given a debut at right-back.

Ian McCall opted for a 4-5-1 set-up in his first match in charge, and the new Thistle gaffer decided to dispense with the original plan to sit in the stand as he appeared in the dugout with clipboard in hand.

The visitor’s resistance though lasted just under quarter of an hour, as a Jonny Hayes free-kick from the left-hand side found Bayo on the wrong side of Ryan Williamson, and the striker headed home his first goal for the club. The forward thought he had bagged a double against Hearts a month ago only for both strikes to later be awarded as own goals, but there was no dubiety this time.

Thistle’s first real chance came 10 minutes from the break from a set-piece, with Joe Cardle’s in-swinging cross just missed by Sean McGinty as he attempted to glance home. That sparked a good spell from the Jags, and Shea Gordon had a shot from 20 yards that had to be palmed away by Craig Gordon.

All of Thistle’s good work was torn asunder though seconds after the restart as Celtic killed the game stone dead.

A sweeping move saw Ntcham find Bayo at the edge of the box who quickly moved it into Rogic’s path for the Australian to mark his first start since the Scottish Cup final with a well-taken goal low into the right-hand corner.

Thistle thought they had one back as Tam O’Ware nodded Cardle’s free-kick home, but he was frustrated by an offside flag.

There was no doubt about Ntcham’s strike just before the hour though, the midfielder picking the ball up 30 yards out and sending a rocket into the top right-hand corner.

He then had his second and Celtic’s fourth as his powerful run down the left saw him close down on the Thistle box, and he was given an age to get his head up and curl a shot through McGinty’s legs and in off the far post.

Sinclair then made his return to action for Celtic and he rounded off the night after Bayo picked up McGinty’s poor pass and fed Rogic inside the area. His effort was blocked by Fox, but Sinclair was on hand to ram home the rebound.