FORMER Celtic star Odsonne Edouard has finally compensated his victim after a shooting incident in France by paying him over £20,000 after new club Crystal Palace ordered him to settle the matter.

The French hitman completed an £18 million move to the London club in the last transfer window and netted a double on his debut in a 3-0 win over Spurs.

In 2017, while on loan at Toulouse from PSG a season before he joined Celtic, Edouard was convicted of violence with a weapon when he shot at a passer-by with an air-rifle and was handed a four-month suspended jail sentence.

Francis Guiral became deaf as a result of the incident and in April this year, Edouard was ordered to pay his victim £20,036 compensation by the French Chamber of Civil Interests after refusing to pay the initial £5,110 compensation he was meant to pay when he was sentenced.

However, he ignored all requests by lawyers to pay the increased compensation, prompting his victim to go public and complain in the French media about Edouard.
Since his move to Palace, Toulouse president Damien Comolli personally got involved in the case and assured Guiral he would help get him his compensation.

And the Toulouse resident has revealed Edouard has now paid up.

He said: "Since we started this process, he's played dead. Odsonne did not come to court and he had never paid the sum he is owed me for my care.

"I can no longer hear anything from that ear and I have lost my balance.

"Damien Comolli contacted me and promised to help and offered me support. He wrote that he was sorry I was in this position and about the physical and psychological consequences that I have to endure.

"He gave me an email address belonging to a member of Crystal Palace.

"And now it's finally over."

Guiral had previously described the incident when he recalled: "On February 11, 2017, I was walking quietly in the Busca district in Toulouse, when a car stopped. The driver opened the window, I thought he wanted some information.

"I put my head to the window and there was a bang. I collapsed to the ground, my ear was bleeding. He looked at me without saying anything and then quietly moved away."