EUSEBIO was considered by many as one of the greatest footballers of all time...but sadly died of heart failure at his home on January 5.

JIM SCOBBIE (Milton) - I was saddened to learn of the death of Portuguese legend Eusebio. I'm sure that, as a young boy, my father took me to see him play at Hampden against Scotland. However, I think Eusebio was substituted at half-time. Any details?

I believe the match you are thinking of was played at Hampden on October 13, 1971. This was a European Championship qualifier which Scotland won 2-1.

Eusebio was, indeed, replaced at the interval. The substitute was Artur Jorge.

This was the match in which new manager Tommy Docherty took charge for the first time. Bob Wilson of Arsenal also made his goalkeeping debut for Scotland.

John O'Hare and Archie Gemmill scored for Scotland. The Portuguese scorer was Rodrigues.

The Scotland team was: Wilson, Jardine, Hay, Stanton, Colquhoun, Johnstone, Bremner, Graham, Cropley, Gemmill and O'Hare.

The Portugal team was: Damas, Da Silva, Calo, Rodrigues, Calisto, Graca, Concalves, Simoes, Nene, Baptista and Ferreira.

R. DAVIES (Glasgow) - Looking for details of a Rangers game in 1958 when they scored six goals against Queen of the South at Palmerston Park.

On December 6, 1958, Rangers defeated Queen of the South 6-3 at Palmerston in a Division One league match. Queens took the lead in the first minute, but by half-time it was 3-2 to Rangers.

In the second half, Rangers' superior fitness began to show and they went on to lead 6-2, but in the last minute Queens pulled one back to make the final score 6-3 to the Ibrox side.

Scorers were Oakes, McGill and Paterson for the Dumfries side and Brand (3), Scott, Murray and McMillan for the Ibrox side.

The attendance was given as 10,000.

J. KELLY (Glasgow) - In season 1966-67, did Celtic win the Scottish Cup without having to leave Glasgow for any of the ties.

Yes they did. In the first round, at home to Arbroath, they won 4-0.

In the second round, they were at home to Elgin City and they won 7-0.

The third round, which was the quarter-finals, saw them beat Queens Park 5-3 at Parkhead.

They were now in the semi-finals which were at Hampden and they beat Clyde 2-0 after a 0-0 draw.

In the final, also at Hampden, they met Aberdeen and beat them 2-0, so they never had to leave Glasgow to win the trophy.